In today’s post I will be talking about trends. Some of us may be guilty of some of the trends I talk about, but it’s okay, because no one can tell you what to wear or how to wear it. Its that ,”Style” or “trend” that makes you, you. According to Webster’s Dictionary a trend is: 1 a : to extend in a general direction : follow a general course; b : to veer in a new direction; 2 a : to show a tendency; b : to become deflected. Here are some examples of trend, according to Webster’s Dictionary: During the winter our school system trends toward canceling school at the drop of a hat—or at least a snowflake; The river trends east, then west again, forming an oxbow.
So according to Webster’s Dictionary when we use the word “trend” we are talking about to extend in a general direction and to follow a general course, basically you are following what is going on at that time. You are trying to be like everybody else. I know that the “trend” that a lot of people talk about is about fashion. I’m not going blog about fashion, because I don’t have know enough about fashion. What I am going do is point out some “trends” that individuals are following now.
- The first trend I will talk about is one that I am guilty of. The trend I am talking about is leaving stickers on hats. After you buy the hat, you keep it as is. You don’t take anything off of the hat. The hat always looks like you just bought it. I am guilty of this. Why? I don’t know, I just like to leave the stickers on my hat. Sally always points it out whether it be in person or in a picture and she spots the price of the hat. I can’t explain why I don’t take the stickers off, it’s just what I do. I will forever keep the stickers on my hat, because they’re my hats and it’s what I do. If you don’t like it, I don’t care! It’s just like back in the 90’s whenever someone bought a starter hat, the price tag was attached to the outside of the hat and people never took it off, because it was the trend of that era. I can say that I never bought a starter hat, but if I did, I would’ve definitely taken the price tag off.
- The second trend I will talk about is a trend I don’t understand. Why in the world are grown ass men wearing skinny jeans? Not only are grown ass me wearing them, they are sagging them. Why? Can anyone answer this question for me? I can say this: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER SEE ME, JARED GOBER, WEARING SKINNY JEANS. I don’t care if someone offered me a large sum of money to put them on, nope, not happening. I don’t understand it and will probably never understand it.
- The third trend I will talk about is Twerking. All you are doing is shaking your rear end really fast. Why do you do it? It’s not only girls doing it, men are doing it too. I always see a vine video or a video on youtube of someone twerking whether it be a man or a woman. Why has this become so popular? Can someone answer that question for me? Is it because Miley Cyrus is shaking what she think is a butt, is doing it? I personally think it is ridiculous. The only time I ever saw this was in a strip club. Yes, in my younger days, while at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, I went to my share of strip clubs, but that’s not the issue right now. It went from the strip club to trending on every social site you follow.
- The fourth trend I will talk about, well in certain parts of the United States it’s not a trend, but apart of a culture. I’m talking about Dreads. I don’t understand why everybody wants Dreads. Some people are doing it because they see other people do it, but don’t know the reason why they want them. In some cultures there are many reasons among various cultures for wearing Dreadlocks. Dreadlocks can be an expression of deep religious or spiritual convictions, ethnic pride, a political statement, or be simply a fashion preference. In response to the derogatory history of the term dreadlocks, an alternative name for the style is locks.
- The fifth and last trend I will talk about I am also guilty of. I’m talking about the use of the hastag. I know that people that are my friends on Facebook know that I do a lot of hastaging on Saturdays while watching the Alabama Crimson Tide lay the smack down on their opponents. I know that it’s a trend that will fade away or people will get tired of you using it and will tell you to stop using the damn hashtag! #ROLLDAMNTIDE! I had to do it; it was only right.
If you have trends that you want to add to this list, please feel free to add then in the comment section on this Blog or on Facebook. I would love to hear about other trends. I know there are more trends out there, I just wanted to cover the ones that I always see and encounter on a day to day basis. As I said, if you know more trends, feel free to add them in the comment section or on my Facebook.