Time for Change

So today, I’ve decided that I wanted to make some changes in my life. First starting off with myself. The first change is stop talking about how I’m tired of being fat and out of shape and start to do something about it.1798419_665349933511058_1795479111_n

I don’t need some magic pill or a DAMN SHAKE to help me lose this weight that I gained. No one forced me to gain this weight, it was a choice. Now I am choosing to get rid of it. I’m pretty proud of myself, I did some walking. I tried to run, but since my “Little” big toe doesn’t work like it should, I couldn’t do it. So I walked my a** off. I only had intentions of walking maybe a mile. Once I reached a mile, I told myself that hey, I just want to walk to this next road then I would turn around. Well after walking 5.23 miles in an hour and 17 minutes. I know those of you are looking and laughing at that, well, let me let you in on a little secret. I was injured in April 25, 2010 from my vehicle being struck by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). I’m not using that as an excuse, but what you need to realize that I have multiple injuries and have had multiple surgeries.

Today, I just got tired of sitting around and not being healthy. Maybe once I get healthy a lot of the injuries will fix themselves. I REALLY hate negativity so if you have nothing positive to say, please, PLEASEEEEE, don’t say anything at all. Each week I will set a goal for myself. This week I’m starting small, 15 miles and 5 salads. The 5.23 miles does count. I have a very good friend participating in this also, but I will keep the name to myself. The only time I will reveal weight is at the end of each 30 day period. I plan on doing this for 6 months to see what I can do. We will see.

Each Sunday will be focused on what I did each day of the week or how I accomplished the goal set. So we will see how I accomplish the 9.27 miles and 5 salads left. If you also want to get healthy you are welcome to join in and post your results in the comments section. If you add to your workout, that’s cool, but the goal is to accomplish the set goal. I will get this done. What motivated me to do this? Me being the weight I am now, I don’t feel like myself. I mean, I feel like myself, but I have NEVER weighed this much. I want to blame it on the medicines and immobility, but I will put all the blame on me. I have a good buddy who is in an awesome unit, we deployed to Afghanistan 2007-2008, his drive was ridiculous. He and the platoon he was attached to would go out on missions all day, come back, while 75% would relax, he and the other 25% would hit the gym. That’s the drive I going to put towards this and keep it that way. I won’t mention his name, but he knows who he is. Matter fact, I need for him to meet me at the Map Board? (Inside Joke only me and him know).

Next Sunday at 1900 (7pm), I will let you know if the goal was accomplished or not. No excuses. If you want to join in, you are welcome. We don’t need shakes or pills to do this. It’s called DISCIPLINE! Do you have it?

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s