Unless you live in a perfect world you already know that life is full of choices. Sometimes you make good ones and sometimes you make bad ones. If everybody made the right choice all the time, then this world would be perfect. We wouldn’t have homelessness, families not knowing what the next meal is going to be, good people being fired from jobs that they love, etc. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It’s how you react and carry on is what’s going to make you get through it. Some people can’t handle it and give up, but there are those of us that get hit with a hook, jab and an uppercut all at the same time that take those punches and learn from those and learn how to block the rest.
I’m not saying or trying to come off as some wise man, but I have been through my share of troubles as you have seen in this past month alone. What some people wanted me to do is sit back and let it bother me until I couldn’t handle it anymore and go cry and let my family down. I am not and WILL NOT ever be that type of MAN. Life isn’t always perfect, but I know in my heart of hearts that times like these don’t last forever. This is a test. On some portions of this test I didn’t do well, but I did learn how to maneuver through times like these in the future. If you have read this far into this post and don’t have a clue what I am talking about, then I want you to stop reading, because this isn’t meant for you. Your life is perfect and you don’t need any uplifting. This is to let those that are on their last dollar, last nerve, going through some tough times and questioning their faith, it will get better, I promise. Your way of thinking that “getting better” may not come, but if you have moved on from that situation on to a new one, then guess what? You made it.
You may end up saying from one situation to another, if it ain’t one thing it’s another. You damn right. That’s what makes us human. Do you think that the richest person in the world is happy? No, whether you believe it or not, that person is going through their own situation, maybe not financially, but that person is struggling with something. If you don’t like to hear about religion, then stop reading now. God said, that he would not give you more than you can handle and he means it. Keep in mind that if you are praying for strength, then what do you think he is doing for you? Just like a weight lifter gets stronger, he adds more weight. It goes the same way. Look at your situation and find the positive and thank him for what you do have rather than what you don’t have. If you still think that your life has no positive in, then if your only positive is to thank him for waking you up seeing another day, then that’s what you have to do. Ask him to help guide you through your situation. What a lot of people forget to do is, Let go and Let God. It’s only when your life is full of troubles is when you want to do that. We have to do better and do it everyday.
I’m not here to preach to you, because I am not perfect and I am still going through some rough patches in my life, but guess what? Troubles don’t last always!! It doesn’t matter what I am going through, I will find the positive and thank him and let him know that I KNOW he is the creator and CONTROLLER of all. When times are good, we forget that. Keep in mind he is going to test your will, but don’t forget that he won’t break it. On the outside to other people, we are going through some hard times, that is true, but I thank him for these hard times. All he is doing is preparing you for your blessings, he just wants to make sure that we are ready for them. We forget that we are immortal and he has to humble us, but once he does, its up to us to continue to keep ourselves humbled and ready for whatever he has for us next.
If the only thing that you took from this post is that I talked about some religious stuff, then you missed everything that was meant for you to take from this post. If you don’t take anything from this post, I want you to take this with you: 1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken hold of you but such as is common to man. But God is faithful; He will not suffer you to be tempted beyond that which ye are able to bear, but with the temptation will also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (KJV).
My Mother always tells me to read Psalms 91. I challenge you to read it, understand it and apply it to your life. Break it down for yourself in the simplest form and apply it. For those that don’t have time to read it, I want to share it with you here:
- 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- 3 Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
- 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
- 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
- 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
- 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
- 9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
- 10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
- 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
- 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
- 13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
- 14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
- 15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
When you saw one set of footprints in the sand, I then carried you.
John 14:18-21 – 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”